If you have male breasts (or “man boobs,” as they’re usually referred to), it might feel like they’re holding you back from feeling 100% confident about yourself. Sure, you do all the right things by dieting and exercising. But you’re just not seeing results – and it’s starting to make you feel like your male breasts will last forever.
If you feel this way, a male breast reduction could provide you with the relief you need. Male breast reduction (gynecomastia) surgery is a straightforward procedure that removes breast tissue from the chest, thus helping men achieve a flatter and more masculine chest.
But are you a candidate for male breast reduction?
Am I a Candidate for Male Breast Reduction?
You’re a good candidate for male breast reduction if you’ve experienced any of the following:
- You have breasts or breast-like shapes on your chest
- You feel embarrassed or self-conscious about your appearance, and it even prevents you from wearing tight shirts or bathing suits
- You’ve been dieting and exercising, but you haven’t seen any reduction
- You’re a healthy nonsmoking male or you’re willing to quit smoking at least six weeks before the surgery
Is Male Breast Reduction Safe?
Male breast reduction is incredibly safe, with sky-high patient satisfaction (over 92%). The procedure is typically performed in two parts:
1. The excess glandular tissue is removed via surgical scalpel, with remaining tissue sculpted into a more masculine chest; and
2. Any excess fat is liposuctioned to show off the new chest shape.
Your plastic surgeon will discuss any concerns you might have about the male breast reduction surgery, as well as what you can expect from your recovery and results.
Not only is Dr Aycock a widely-recognized, well-respected plastic surgeon who has great esthetics. He listens to his patients and works hard to understand and accomplish what they have in mind. In addition to all that, he is first and foremost a healer, a physician. He will guide you and advise you and help you to make informed choices always with the overall health of his patient in mind.
Take the Next Step
Want to learn if you’re a good candidate for male breast reduction? Schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Aycock in Walnut Creek, CA (925)-937-8377 or Greenbrae, CA (415) 925-1700.
Dr. Aycock serves the greater San Francisco Bay area.