The summer can be great for the body, as the wonderful weather tends to provide energy and make you more active. However, all those extra hours in the sun can take a toll on the skin around your face, neck, and chest and encourage early signs of aging. Cosmetic surgeons who specialize in facial rejuvenation offer a wide variety of surgical and nonsurgical solutions to sun damage.
If you are looking for a nonsurgical solution to sun effects, these reasonably priced cosmetic facial enhancement options offer great results with little or no downtime:
- Laser skin resurfacing combats wrinkles, sun damage, and facial discoloration.
- Chemical peels and facials can work wonders on sun-damaged, blemished, or wrinkled skin.
- Sciton laser treatments (including the MicroLaser Peel™ Profractional, and Skin Tyte™ Photofacial Therapy) are an effective way to get noticeable results.
If you have cumulative wrinkling (sun damage plus signs of aging) that needs a more powerful solution, you should consider these highly effective surgical options:
- Facelift – uses tightening of the facial skin to create a younger appearance and eliminate wrinkling
- Mid facelift – concentrates on elevating the middle face, with less downtime than a facelift.
- Necklift – improves the appearance of sagging skin around the neck
- Eyelid lift – combats sagging upper eyelid skin with a tightening technique
- Brow lift – minimizes wrinkling in the forehead area
To fight summer sun damage with safe, FDA-approved cosmetic solutions, contact Dr. Robert Aycock in the San Francisco Bay Area to set up your personal skin evaluation. After a thorough skin evaluation, the experienced team will recommend a skin care procedure (or combination of procedures) designed to fight early signs of aging caused by sun exposure.
—Lindsey Kesel, Cosmetic Surgery Consultant