What Is a Mid Facelift?
A mid facelift is designed to elevate the cheek fullness and improve the area around the eye area and in the mid face.
Benefits of a Mid Facelift
The mid facelift is a great alternative to a more complex facelift, in that it provides the following benefits:
- Concentrates on the jaw and brow area to provide a more relaxed appearance.
- Reduces recovery time substantially and decreases swelling.
- Gives you the appearance of younger-looking skin without any of the telltale signs of having had a facelift.
Who would benefit from a Mid Facelift?
- Heaviness or sagging skin below the cheeks
- Sagging or loss of definition in the jawline
- Hollowness under the eyes or large bags
Preparing for a Mid Facelift
You may be asked to have lab testing or a medical evaluation done to rule out any external issues that may interfere with your surgery. You may also be asked to start, discontinue, or adjust your current medication schedule. You’ll recover more quickly if you stop smoking, and you should avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, or any herbal supplements as these can increase bleeding.
Mid Facelift Recovery
The recovery time on Mid Face lift is 10-14 days. After this period you should be able to resume activities with modification. Dr. Aycock and our patient care coordinator will go over the post operative care for you at your consultation.