Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure for anyone looking to change the appearance of their nose. Many different types of alterations can be performed, including size reduction, shape change, nostril size or shape adjustments, and reshaping to improve airflow. Whether you were born with a nose you don’t like, you suffered a nose injury, or you have a nasal birth defect, Dr. Robert Aycock can help you get the nose you want with his skillful and artistic hands.
Your Rhinoplasty Artist
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Aycock takes great pride in creating beautiful reshaping results that complement each patient’s unique natural beauty. Dr. Aycock is a very talented rhinoplasty surgeon renown for his ability to combine the plastic surgery skill he possesses with a great deal of artistic license. Dr. Aycock is wholeheartedly dedicated to achieving results that his patients desire, and he accomplishes this with the application of extreme mindfulness and carefully honed skill during surgery. He has also designed his pre- and post-operative care protocol for the utmost safety.
Elements of a Successful Nose Surgery
Here are some of the ways skill and artistry combine for a successful rhinoplasty.
- Most often, incisions are inconspicuously placed on the inside nostril area. If external incisions are required, they are placed in the creases where the nose and cheek meet.
- Excess cartilage is gently removed and the skin must be redraped carefully for a normal final appearance.
- Size reductions must be calculated precisely to achieve a result that looks natural and attractive.
- In some cases, Dr. Aycock will add tissue to fill in skin deficits. Tissue addition requires a very delicate hand as well as a good eye for what looks best.
- Any protruding or uneven bone tissue must be carefully reduced to create a smooth final result.
- Dr. Aycock must perform all alterations so that the blood flow to the nose tissue is healthy.
- All alterations must be performed in a manner that allows for uninhibited breathing.
- Dr. Aycock must consider the steps to improve the form and function of each segment of the nose, as well as the final overall appearance.
- Dr. Aycock must manage the healing process in a way that optimizes final appearance and encourages healthy recovery. Splints and stitches should be applied and removed very strategically.
It is Dr. Aycock’s ability to combine all these elements in such a deliberate way that produces an ideal final appearance that doesn’t just look symmetrical, but looks great with the patient’s unique features. For a peek at how an artistic nose reshaping procedure can improve your facial appearance, please visit Dr. Aycock’s before and after rhinoplasty photos.
If you’d like to learn more about rhinoplasty and the unique surgical experience offered here, please. contact Dr. Robert Aycock to schedule a consultation. You can also visit Dr. Aycock’s Facebook page under Bay Area’s Premier Aesthetic Surgery and Laser Center.