If you are considering plastic surgery, your first step is to find a center you can trust, one that will give you all the information you need to make an informed decision and provide the red carpet treatment you deserve. Start by making a list of five to seven cosmetic centers in your area that have earned a positive reputation or have been recommended to you by friends and family.
It’s always a good idea to tour the plastic surgery facilities on your list. Many centers will offer free consultations, or give you a guided tour of the facility.
Here are a few things to take note of during your tour:
- Is the facility clean and well organized?
- Is the environment inviting, relaxing, and peaceful
- Is the cosmetic surgery staff pleasant, friendly, and accommodating?
- Are your questions answered directly and thoroughly?
- Does the practice use state-of-the-art technology and offer the most advanced treatments?
- Do they have multiple office locations?
- What is the overall practice philosophy?
- Do they offer a wide variety of surgical procedures for the body, breast and face, as well as nonsurgical medspa procedures.
- Do they have patient testimonials and before and after photos available for review?
- Have they had any recent media coverage?
- Do they offer plastic surgery seminars to help potential patients learn about their options?
Remember that a comprehensive, high-tech facility is only one aspect of a practice. Make sure you ask questions regarding the background and training of the surgeon, as well. At the office of Dr. Robert Aycock our experienced plastic surgeon won the award for the 2008 Best Plastic Surgeon in the North Bay Area.
Find out more about our physician and the benefits of our modern facility. If you live in or near the Bay Area, please contact Dr. Robert Aycock for your confidential cosmetic surgery consultation.
—Lindsey Kesel, Cosmetic Surgery Consultant