On this page:
What Are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels remove the damaged outer layer of the skin, the area which is often the brunt of UV damage, acne scarring, and more. A chemical agent is applied to the skin to help exfoliate the outer layer. Then, skin softening and revitalizing agents, including alpha hydroxyl acids are applied to the skin to provide it with a more youthful and softer look.
Benefits of Chemical Peels
In addition to improving the tone and texture of skin, patients who undergo chemical peels report that they notice the following benefits:
- Softer, more refreshed skin.
- An improved, healthy, and youthful look.
- Less visible scarring or discoloration.
Preparing for a Chemical Peel
Depending on the type and extensity of the peel, you will need to cleanse your skin at least twice daily using a special solution and then apply a moisturizer or cream and wear sunscreen each day. Dr. Aycock will give you a specific skin care regimen designed to help the skin peel more evenly and improve your healing and recovery time.
Which Chemical Peel Procedures Are Performed?
Dr. Aycock performs a variety of chemical peel procedures to help you look and feel your best, including the following:
- Jessner Peel: A Jessner Peel is excellent for exfoliation and improvement of the overall appearance of the skin.
- Pumpkin Enzyme Peel: The Pumpkin Enzyme Peel is beneficial for discoloration and age spots.
- Vitalize Peel: Vitalize Peel helps fight the effects of time, sun damage and environmental assaults.
- PCA Peel: The PCA Peel will even skin tone and provide more exfoliation for oilier, thicker, and more resilient skin types. It is effective on extremely sun damaged and thickened skin.
- Advanced Medical Grade Peel: Sun damage, age spots, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars can all leave you feeling self-conscious about your face. To help treat these problem areas, advanced medical grade peels have been developed to reveal tighter, younger-looking skin and reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles while correcting skin’s natural tone and complexion.
During the first two or three days after the procedure, your skin will peel. This is normal and will reveal smoother, more toned skin underneath. There is very little downtime associated with advanced medical grade peels and you can start resuming your normal activities in very little time.
*Individual results may vary
Contact Dr. Aycock for a for a consultation today! Call:
The content of this website is intended to be general information. It is provided only as a service. It is not medical advice and not intended to be taken as medical advice. The content of this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a medical or health condition and is in no way meant to be a substitute for or delay the seeking of appropriate or professional medical care. Individual results may vary.