On this page:
What Is Halo™?
Traditional fractional lasers use either ablative waves, which require the slight removal of skin cells or non-ablative waves that do not. There are advantages and disadvantages to each type of wave, and Halo™ allows physicians to use both types during a single treatment. The result is a more tailored procedure for each patient that provides superior results.
*Individual Results May Vary
Benefits of Sciton® Halo™
- Three pre-programmed levels make it easier to customize treatment.
- Safe and requires minimal downtime.
- Provides consistent, smooth results.
- Ideal for treating a number of conditions, including fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone, age spots, acne, hyperpigmentation, and enlarged pores.
Consultations Are Available Now
Dr. Aycock is always happy to meet with you to review your unique needs. Please fill out the form on this page to request a consultation.
Preparing for Halo™
Although Halo™ is a safe, in-house procedure, there are still a few things you should do ahead of time to ensure your treatment goes as planned:
- Stop smoking for 24 to 48 hours beforehand.
- Discontinue any medications as recommended by Dr. Aycock during your initial consultation.
- Avoid extreme sunlight exposure for a few days before the procedure, including tanning booths.
- Do not schedule other procedures simultaneously or perform chemical peels on the treated area at home.
How Is Halo™ Performed?
Your skin will be cleansed, and then a topical numbing gel will be applied to the area being treated. After allowing the cream to take effect, Dr. Aycock or his aesthetic laser nurses will then begin using the Halo™ fractional laser device on your skin by moving the handpiece over top of the treatment area. He/she may tune the device during the procedure to deliver the appropriate ablative and non-ablative wavelengths. This process takes between 30 and 45 minutes.
Once he/she has finished, you will spend another 15 minutes or so in our office allowing your skin to recover. You’ll relax comfortably while a fan and facial cooling mask will be applied.
*Individual Results May Vary
A special cream should be applied immediately after your treatment and may be needed occasionally thereafter. Some swelling may be present, in which case you can usually alleviate it by using a cold compress. Patients sometimes report their skin feels extremely warm for a few hours afterward, and this feeling is much like a sunburn. Cold compresses help with this sensation as well.
*Individual results may vary
Contact Dr. Aycock for a for a consultation today! Call:
The content of this website is intended to be general information. It is provided only as a service. It is not medical advice and not intended to be taken as medical advice. The content of this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a medical or health condition and is in no way meant to be a substitute for or delay the seeking of appropriate or professional medical care. Individual results may vary.