If you are searching for a noninvasive, nonsurgical way to improve the look and feel of your facial skin, a chemical peel may be the perfect solution. It’s an easy, painless treatment with no downtime that uses the gentle removal of skin’s top weathered layer to unveil the younger, more supple layer of skin below. Here’s a brief description of how it works:
- During your chemical peel consultation, you and your doctor will choose the peel formula and depth that is right for you (light, medium or deep). Peel solutions may consist of alpha hydroxy, glycolic, lactic, tricholoroacetic, or fruit acids.
- Your plastic surgeon will apply a safe chemical solution to areas of the face, chest and hands that are affected by wrinkling, uneven pigmentation, sun damage, blemishes and other imperfections. No anesthesia is necessary.
- You’ll feel a mild tingling sensation, and then the chemical solution is gently removed.
- Skin feels softer, imperfections are diminished, and skin looks and feels rejuvenated and radiant.
- You can return to your activities immediately, but avoiding sun exposure for a period of time is recommended.
- Peels may be repeated for more dramatic results.
If you are ready to do something about the look of aging skin, the ultimate exfoliation treatment is effective and affordable. Choose from innovative solutions like the Pumpkin Enzyme Peel for discoloration and age spots, the Ultra Peel, recommended for dehydrated skin, the Obagi Peel for intense sun damage, acne and age spots, or the Liquid Nitrogen Peel, popular for skin tags, age spots and seborrheic keratosis.
Learn more about how chemical peels can help you look and feel years younger without surgery. Please contact San Francisco plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Aycock for your free facial rejuvenation consultation.
—Lindsey Kesel, Cosmetic Surgery Consultant